If a wind turbine or a wind farm doesn’t perform as expected and the prognosed yields can’t be realised, this might have different possible causes. There are a number of potential factors or a combination of several factors that affect the performance and consequently the yields of a wind energy project.
Wind Minds analyses and evaluates the yield-related aspects of a wind farm project at all levels. To this end, the documentation and available SCADA data are evaluated. Shortcomings are identified and losses are quantified. On that basis Wind Minds deduces detailed recommendations regarding the optimization of the wind farm’s operation and for the increase of yields.
- Analysis of the general technical condition of the facilities, the infrastructure and the periphery
- Analysis of the technical state of the turbines with respect to operational incidents, such as damage, failures, faults, etc.
- Analysis and evaluation of inspections, maintenance and servicing
- Analysis and evaluation of technical availability and comparison with the contractual provisions
- Analysis and evaluation of power curve performance
- Analysis and optimization of operating restrictions due to environmental constraints
- Analysis and optimization of the actual performance behaviour
- Analysis and optimization of yaw and turbine alignment
- Analysis of the wind farm’s internal network losses and network management
- Analysis of potential shadowing effects
- Analyses of the logistical setup and constraints
- Analyses of the maintenance organisation